Monday, June 30, 2014

The Vacation I Did and Didn't Have

My parents recently went to see mi hermanita favorita y el esposo Juan en Colorado.  My sister and I like to sprinkle in a little Tex-Mex when we chat.  She and her husband, John live in Colorado.  Growing up, we always took family vacations there, so she just moved there when she got the chance.  I try to fly up and see her when I can.  Here is a shot that mom took before a family hike to somewhere.  That's my goofy dad in the background.

Eventually, I will expose my kids to something more than a few hours away; but since my family isn't driving all the way to Colorado, we are doing local attractions like the STW and Sea World.  We have also enjoyed hanging out for the evening in the middle of nowhere with friends.  Getting away from town to just hang out and laugh is a fabulous mini-vacation for an evening.  Isn't that the point of a vacation?  You're supposed to relax and have fun.  Small bits sprinkled through out a time period is better.  
Sea World

Hanging the middle of nowhere with friends/family.  

One of the reasons we hang out in the middle of nowhere!
This is a Bonnie moment - God is so beautiful! 


No comments: