Friday, August 21, 2015

Host Your Own Tiara Dinner

Have Your Own Tiara Dinner

Don’t wait for my ATD.  Don’t sit and wish that you could make it to town when you don’t have the money for a trip.  Don’t wish for a cooler time of year than August.  Do it yourself.  Plan your own ATD.  Find a cause and get behind it. 

I’m not super special in any way that you aren’t.  I just fell into this silly birthday party planning for myself.  God gave me this amazing group of friends who just continue to show up and do stuff with me when I ask.  I don’t understand why.  I’ll just claim it as a God thing. 

Ideas and Planning
The most important thing about a tiara dinner is to do something special for someone else.  Honestly, my tiara dinners didn’t start that way.  However, I got convicted that I was parading around like a spoiled princess instead of taking my job seriously as a child of the King of Kings. 

Essentials
1. Invite a group Christian sisters. 
2. Pick a theme and a place to meet. 
3. Let everyone know what you would like to do to help someone else whether it is a donation or collection of needed goods and supplies. 

Theme Ideas
-         Pretty in Pink
-         Little Black Dress
-         Denim and Diamonds
-         Pirate Princess
-         Super Hero Princess
-         Fancy Flip Flops
-         Casual Crowns
-    Christmas Crowns
-    Red, White, and Bling

Cause Ideas:
-         Breast Cancer Awareness
-         Human Trafficking
-         Women’s Shelter
-         School Supply Drive
-         Charity Race
-         Community Needs
-         Scholarships
-          Blue Santa








Extra:

I enjoy tipping big when I’m out in this fashion.  Thus came the birth of the “tip jar.”  If your group is financially able, decorate a jar and be generous to the server.  Bless the socks off of the person who takes care of you that night.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having been a part of two tiara dinners now, I'm eagerly anticipating next year's. I help with fund raising in other areas during the year, but this is a new area for me, and I'm happy to help bring awareness to the sex trade and the work of Redeemed Ministries in Austin.

Growing Grey Hair said...

This posted as anonymous, so I have two guesses for people who have been twice. I'm always looking for a better fundraising idea if you want to share.