Saturday, January 4, 2014

A Year in Review

This is for the family who wants to know what is going on.  I'm limiting facebook.  Enjoy!

Every year Model T gets a rabbit for the stock show.   Model C is showing off my skills in dress making.  And finally, we attended the Boots and Hearts Country Ball!
So much happened!  The kids spent Spring Break with my parents so I could work.  My college BFF had a baby shower.  Model T kicked some hiny and showed off her bunny.  Of course the Easter Bunny also visited.  And most important, Grandpa got to visit.  There are 90 years between my grandpa and Model C. 
Spending time with dad is the biggest event.  We built some memories with dad in the deer stand and shooting tin cans. 
Summer started off with me teaching summer school, but we found time to go to the beach and the dinosaur park.  
The girls headed out to their first rodeo on the 4th of July!  Small town rodeos are the best!  They also enjoyed VBS at our church and friends in the backyard.  
The first part of our vacation was the zoo!  We did local places and came home at night.  It was ridiculously hot!
Day 2 of our little vacation was thanks to a local radio station giving tickets away to Sea World.  

Model T attended her first camp away from home at the beginning of the month and stated school a few weeks later.  I, of course, organized my annual Tiara Dinner which was a huge success for a local charity.  My sweet husband brought me beautiful roses from work.  And we enjoyed spending time with my niece and nephew.  
Model T had her first slumber party with friends and her birthday buddy.  My sweet friend, Joy, has been my friend for years!  Now she shares a birthday with Model T.  

This past fall was very exciting.  Daddy had to feed two calves at work by bottle.  Model T participated in a half time show at a high school football game.  Halloween!  And Model C is showing off the deer that daddy shot when they went hunting together.  
Thank goodness for a sister weekend!  We were in desperate need of it!   
This is the photo shoot in my garage for Model C's birthday party.  I'm glad to have a brick wall like this because it was crazy cold outside.  
Finally, Christmas!  We participated in our first Advent reading with my brother-in-law's family.  We attend the same church.  We traveled several places to celebrate the holiday with different families.  And finally, my husband and I celebrated our 12th anniversary!  


2 comments:

Mary said...

Love it! A lot of bloggers are doing a year in review - I am feeling weird not doing one. I figure that I blab and blather enough all year long that I don't need to re-cap. LOL

Happy New Year!

nicole said...

I hope you printed these for your scrapbook! They look great!