Sunday, March 23, 2014

K.I.S.S.

Keep
It
Simple
Sweetie

This seems to ring so true this week.  We've had just a normal week.  No extras.  Finally!  However, drama still seems to creep in.  Therefore, in an effort to simplify life and stress, I've deactivated my facebook account.  I can go back and reactivate it later, I suppose; but for now I'm enjoying being out of the loop.

Here is the simple life this week . . .

Book Talk

Yes, I'm still reading The Scarlet Thread.  I'm only reading it ten minutes a day during SSR on my campus.  I got super irritated at some of the characters this week.  Sierra and Alex moved to a new town for Alex's job.  The couple that they are hanging out with do not have the same values that Sierra has.  Apparently this new couple is really influencing Alex to change some core values and thus driving Alex and Sierra apart.  I figured that this might be part of the conflict that drives the plot of the book.  I'm incredibly irritated and mad at Alex right now.  Good literature evokes an emotional response in the reader.  I'm holding out hope for their relationship that they will work things out.  Stay continued . . . Or click on the picture and order yourself a copy so you can follow along with me.



Forty and Fabulous

I mentioned before that I started getting into shape for a 5k with Model T.  This past week, I did something to my knee.  After a PT consult with my BIL, I was told that I had jogger's knee and to get a band to wear around my knee for support.  I was also told to slow down on my workouts.  Apparently I had more wind in me than my muscles could handle.  Humph!  I slowed down a little bit, but I haven't got much time.  I talked to our school nurse who also told me I needed new sneakers.  I went to an acquaintance who owns a shoe store and got new shoes.  It is so nice to know people!  Now I have new shoes and a funny band to wear around my knee and a daughter who is making me run.  It feels good, but I still haven't seen the scale go down yet.  {Insert very mad face here stomping feet and pounding fists.}





One last thing that I do for myself is eat on the good China all the time.  I have it.  It washes the same.  Just don't put it in the microwave if it has a gold or silver rim on it!


No comments: