Saturday, March 15, 2014

Spring Break

What happened to Spring Break?  I didn't get nearly enough done!  The week really served as a teaser for summer vacation.

Book Talk
I'm still reading The Scarlet Thread.  I haven't gotten very far because I've been watching too much Hallmark.  I admitted it.  Shame on me.  I still want to read it and finish.  So far, it has been really good.  A student asked me how I could read several books at a time.  I told her it was like following several tv programs.  On Sunday, I watch Once Upon A Time.  On Monday, I watch Castle.  On Thursday, I watch Once Upon A Time in Wonderland.  And on Saturday, I watch When Calls the Heart.  Now, the question is, "Which day do I read The Scarlet Thread so I can finish?"  I guess I could read it for an hour on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday.  Now that I have processed this idea right here before your eyes, let's see if I can do it.


Forty and Fabulous!
I have been challenged to a 5k race the weekend of Easter, but I am totally out of shape.  Walkers are encouraged to join the event to support a local organization, but I would hate to embarrass myself.  Therefore I have hired a trainer.  She is young, energetic, thin, cute, and bubbly.  She pushes me, encourages me, and tells me things I want to hear that keep me moving.  She also reminds me why I'm doing this.  Model T has found a great way to earn money!  Yes, that's right.  My daughter is my new trainer.  She wants to run the 5k with me instead of the kids' 1k.  We did a 5k several years ago and I chased her the entire time and thought I was going to die!  This training will absolutely help me on my way to forty and fabulous.
Before the Women's Adventure Race 2012

After the race with our neighbors.
Can you see the dirt on my leg?
It was a chilly race because of recent rain.
The rain added mud as an obstacle.

Spring Break
We stayed local and cheap.  Here are the highlights.
Hanging with the cousins
on a dreary and wet day at the farm.  

Local park for a nature hike with friends.  
Melissa, Amy and her two sons came along.

Melissa and I don't always get to see each other,
so this kind of face time was long over due. 

The kids couldn't resist getting their feet wet!


No comments: