Sunday, March 2, 2014

Small Town Week!

News from the Week:

This was a crazy busy week!  I mean I felt like I was running all week and didn't finish the race.  Maybe it was just the weekend.  Can I have another one to recover now?  Probably not, but Spring Break is on its way!  Thank the Lord for a coming rest.  Seriously, can I get an Amen?

Friday started with Model T's stock show.  She is still too young to do the big animals, so she did a short term project.  Next year will be another story.  We'll have to decide between all the options of projects and animals that she could do.  She took Mr. Fuzzy to show off.  Apparently, he was a big hit because there were not very many Lion Head Rabbits at the show.
Model T and Mr. Fuzzy

Saturday, my husband had a big day at work.  The Luling Foundation hosted a massive cattle sale.  I had never been to an auction of any kind and completely enjoyed the speed of the entire day.  This is not big city speed; this is small town speed.  There were multiple organizations selling bulls, heifers, pairs, registered, and commercial cattle.  Before I knew it, four hours had flown by.  Auctioneers are amazing!  I was exhausted just listening to him!  
The cattle waiting to be auctioned.  

This is a parking lot that I can handle. 

Cousins entertaining each other. 

Model T completely mesmerized by the auction!

Commercial cattle auctioned five at a time.  

On the way to and from Luling, I had to navigate our town because there was more traffic than normal.  It took me an entire two minutes to get through town because the square was blocked off for the Lone Star Grand Prix.  Someone said those little cars got up to 80 or 90 miles an hour on the straight sections.  There were people in town from all over the country!  I've never seen so many different licence plates in our community.  


Finally, we rounded out the day with some amazing pizza at Whizzerville!  I'm not sure if you will find that on a map.  There is no Whizzerville proper, so you have to look in McMahan.  It is a hole in the wall kind of place, and it was completely packed last night.  By the way, there isn't even a stop light in McMahan, but everyone was stopping to get pizza.  Our Sunday School class made it a social event last night.  12 adults and a bunch of kids made a fun time!  We took pictures, but we couldn't share last night because there was no cell service, and we loved it!  Disconnected digitally so we connected in person.  

Model C loves her daddy and uncle!

Pucker up!  

Cousins playing together

And this is the pizza joint of choice for her birthday!  

Did you notice that all the kids had amazing things to do that did not involved electronics?  




2 comments:

Marion said...

Yep, that about sums it up. Glad you added our cute picture in there !

BonnieKDredla said...

I love it! It was an exhausting but great day. When you surround yourself with great people, the stress of it all seems to keep its balance. :)