Sunday, April 27, 2014

Locked Out!

Welcome from inside my air-conditioned home!
 I bring this greeting only because earlier this week, I was locked out of my own home.  I was in a rush to get somewhere with my girls and grabbed everything except my very important keys.  My husband left earlier that morning for trip and would not return for several days.  I was in a lovely mess.  Thankfully I was able to get a locksmith to my home in only twenty minutes to save the girls and me from my rushed disaster!  Life Lesson: slow down.



The weekend is always the time to catch up on boring house chores like laundry.  I dread laundry.  I hate putting clothes away.  Thankfully, Model T has started putting her own clothes away.  Now I only have to do mine and Model C.  My sweetie does his own.  In fact, he even washes most of the laundry.  I think that is a fair trade for having to put up most of it.  My closet is a strange configuration.  It has a regular door, but it is wide and narrow.  It probably should have had accordion doors. However, I wasn't around 50 years ago for the builder to ask my opinion on this matter.  I've had a difficult time stuffing things into my closet in any organized fashion; so today, I cleaned my closet!  I haven't taken out seasonal clothes in several years and rediscovered what a tremendous difference it makes.  When I saw that the weather was going to reach near 100 this week, I thought it might be a good time to take out the hoodies and jackets.  I won't need them again until late October maybe.

Thank you Sweetie for taking pictures!  
The highlight of the week, maybe the month, was getting to visit with Craig and Alyse!  Alyse was my mentor in college.  She and her husband are traveling over the next month to gain support for their big move to the Manila!  There is a seminary there where they will be joining the staff to teach and prepare pastors.  If you are interested in what they are doing, you can visit either of the websites listed below.




www.CraigAndAlyse.com

www.IGSL.asia


Forty and Fabulous

I regret to say that I have not been jogging at all this week.  After the 5k, I just quit.  The only thing to do is to start again.  I really need to because I have so many clothes that I could wear if I lost a few pounds.  I wouldn't have to go shopping at all.

My hair over the past twenty years.  
My other concern lately is my hair.  The Mr. wants me to grow it out.  However, I'm looking very small-town-country with my bangs and shoulder length hair lately.  I much prefer a pixie cut.  The bottom left side has been my favorite hair cut of all time.  Does anyone else have a thought on that?  Or one of the others?




Book Talk

 Did I mention that I finished this book about two weeks ago?  I loved it!  The ending was surely a God thing.  I knew it was coming, and it was still good when I got there.

Now I'm moving on to From Achilles to Christ.  It is a recommendation from my seminary professor.  I'm looking forward to it.  Of course I will update everyone as I read!





No comments: