Sunday, April 20, 2014

He is Risen!

Where to begin?  This week has been amazing!

On Tuesday, I ran into a parent of a former student.  It was fun for both of us to brag on that kid and what a nice young man he is growing up to be.  She showed me pictures.  I reminisced about what a polite student he was in my fifth period class about four years ago.  Yes, I do remember some students.  After having over 100 students for 14 years in a row, I do forget some.  However, some students stand out.  Of course, it helped me to remember this young man because his mom brought me cake balls twice that year.  Alright, I would have remembered him anyway, but those cake balls were good!  On Wednesday after lunch, I found a small container of cake balls in my box in the school office.  Absolutely nothing could ruin my day after that!  Seriously, the best part is knowing that there are caring parents out there who are raising responsible kids with a Christian foundation.  Cake balls are just icing on the cake, so to speak.

Thursday night, our church had a dramatic presentation of The Lord's Supper.  At the end of the drama, the men playing disciples came down to serve communion to everyone.  In several lines, disciples washed our hands, dried them, served the bread, and the grape juice.  The cool part about this is that I teach with one of those disciples at my school.  I am blessed to be in a church where there is community involvement.  I see my high school kids participating in church service and taking on leadership roles.  I see members of our Sunday School class working in my daughter's school.  Some of the church kids are in my class at school.  It reminds me that church isn't just on Sunday.  Church is the people.  This leads to the next idea that we are to be Church to one another all week instead of just for two hours on Sunday morning.

Friday night we stayed home to rest.  My sweet husband rounded the corner of another decade in life on Friday. I enjoyed finding birthday cards in the mail from my friends and our family to acknowledge the occasion.

Saturday, Model T and I did a local 5k race.  My goal was to jog part of it and not come in last.  Mission accomplished.  It was a fun race, and I can see that I have my work cut out for me.  Model T also did a great job, but we have lots of training to do yet.  Neither of us is in the shape we should be.  I don't know about her, but I can definitely feel the effects today of the race yesterday!











After the race, we went straight to church for the Easter Egg Hunt.  My parents even met us there.














There was a lot to do on Saturday.  We dashed home to get ready for my husband's not-so-surprise party.  I invited some friends over for hot dogs and cake.  It lasted from noon until almost 8.  I love friends who come over and hang out like they own the joint.  Really!  I do!  My friends come over and help themselves.  They don't wait to be served or for me to play hostess.  I am so thankful to have a home where people feel comfortable.  I just hope that doesn't mean that I'm not a good hostess.  I don't think it does.  People keep coming back.  The Mr.  had a good time and enjoyed the not-so-surprise party.  That was the point.

Isaiah 25:8-9 tells us, "He will swallow up death for all time, and the Lord God will wipe tears away from all faces, And He will remove the reproach of His people from all the earth; For the Lord has spoken.  And it will be said in that day, 'Behold, this is our God for whom we have waited that He might save us.  This is the Lord from whom we have waited; Let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation." 

Amen.  Praise God for an amazing week to celebrate my husband, community, and (most importantly) the Risen Lord!  



No comments: