Monday, April 7, 2014

Road Trip

We are on the road, so I'm trying out the iPhone for blogging.  My thumbs won't tolerate typing too much; however, it will be late when we get back.  We left home this morning and made a day trip to the coast for a birthday party and to meet our new niece.  The wild flowers have been amazing!  I didn't even mind the rain.  There is just something calming about driving through small towns on country roads that lowers my blood pressure.  The kids have been well behaved all day, and I have enjoyed the conversation with my sweetie.  I hope you enjoy the scenery too!




Book Talk 


Let's just say that I've gotten to the scarlet part in the book and will have to keep my mouth shut now.  It is so good and I can't wait to see how redemption happens!  

I also visited Half-Price Books for a birthday present for my niece.  I couldn't help myself and bought several books for my classroom.  

Forty and Fabulous

Now I'm the one pushing my trainer, Model T.  She wants to ride her bike and push me instead of run with me.  Well, we'll just keep going.  I bet the day of the race she will change her mind.  Model C also wants to go with us.  I don't know how much she can handle, but we do the blocks just around our house.  The point is to start somewhere.  

Finally . . . 

I thought I had lost my grandfather's guitar.  I don't remember if he gave it to me before he died or I got it after he died.  He started to teach me a few chords when he could still move his hands.  I also inherited my great uncle's guitar.  That is the one I'm using now.  No, I don't play well enough to lead any music, but I enjoy a few tunes in private.  A few days ago, my mom texted a picture of Papa's guitar.  She found it in a closet in her house.  I nearly cried because I was no happy that it was not lost!  


No comments: