Friday, June 20, 2014

Forty and Fabulous Friday

Taken in February 2014
Not so fabulous this week.  I'm not 40 yet either.  This week, I did a self reflection while at a local supermarket.  We all love the supermarket, but people don't seem to care what they look like when they go.  One of my dearest friends, Karen, has made it a point to never leave her own home without being dressed and with her hair and makeup done.  I'm not always on the same page with Karen, but I should be.  There is something to be said for always looking presentable.  Today, I did not look presentable when I went to the supermarket.

Number one, I was in my jogging shorts and a t-shirt.  Those clothes are for a purpose which is not shopping.  This was mostly a problem because my attached pool float was showing through my t-shirt.  You know I'm not really talking about a pool float, right?  If I was really skinny, I might feel differently.

Number two, my hair and makeup were not done.  I live in a small town and I usually see someone I know: a parent, a student, a church member, or a neighbor.  I need my personal standards for how I look to reflect what I expect of those people also.  I need my appearance to reflect the standards that I set for others.  It is my job as a teacher to not only set standards but to follow them too.

Number three, I was evaluating the people around me as sloppy.  I don't want to be that too.

A friend at school challenged me to drink three liters of water a day.  Drinking lots of water has tons of benefits, so I gave it a try.  It isn't too difficult when I'm talking all day long with my students.  Running to the bathroom presented different challenges.  The blog that Lindsey shared with me said that drinking this much water would take ten years off my face.  After reading the article, I understand how it helped the lady from the article.  I don't think it helped me as much.  Maybe I already look young.  It did help my zits.  What do you think?
My husband said it looks like
I need a number
across my chest to go to jail!
Thanks, Sweetie Pie.  

If you would like to read the article and make your own judgement, the article can be found at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2480491/How-drinking-litres-water-day-took-years-face.html.


No comments: