Sunday, June 22, 2014

Lemonade Stand

Model T started a savings account this week with some money she earned from last week's contest.  I wouldn't let her spend any of that money, so we had a conversation about earning money.  She does get some money each week for doing things around the house that we ask her to do: collect the trash and take care of the animals.  However, she wanted more money.  Her cousin has done a lemonade stand several times, so I encouraged Model T to try it also.  It was an afternoon of preparation for an evening of fun and math lessons to come.

I helped her make the sign.  She traced over my lettering. 

Model T made the cookies mostly by herself.
I supervised.  

All of the products and ready to go!
I put a message out on facebook so friends would know.  

Model T and C with a friend set up in the driveway.

Model C's BFF stopped by for some cookies and lemonade. 
The girls sold out of two pitchers of pink lemonade, 20 cookies, and a dozen floral brownies in an hour and a half.  Way to go girls!

When the stand was shut down and cleaned up, we divided the money and talked about tithing, saving, and spending.  I let the girls go shopping on Friday afternoon to pick something out with their spending money.  I'm very proud of them.

No comments: