Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day

The role of a father is a very serious role.  The father is the head of the house and a leader.  I believe God set it up that way because even in the God-head, there are roles.  God created us in His image, so we naturally should respond to roles.

My dad on Father's Day a few years ago. 
My father was certainly the head of the house and a leader in many ways.  When I was younger, Dad traveled often with his job.  My sister may remember more than I do, but all I remember is just a few things until later.  Dad would read to us using voices, and he was good!  Dad could also stand on his head.  I don't know why that memory is important.  In high school, Dad was my Sunday School teacher.  I joke about that being a problem because I couldn't flirt.  The truth is that I really liked having my dad as my teacher at church.  He always studied on Sunday mornings and used a Matthew Henry commentary.  I naturally wanted my own copy when I headed off to seminary.

Over the past few years, Dad has been teaching at a local college.  He drives down from his neck of the woods to teach and swings by our house for dinner twice a week.  Sometimes he picks the girls up from school.  Model T and C absolutely love when he picks them up!  These are simple memories that they will cherish for a life time.

Daddy's birthday party. 
My husband is also a fantastic father.  I'm tickled every time the girls want to go fishing or hunting with their daddy.  Once a month he has to work on the weekend, and the girls beg to go with him to check the farm.  Jason is also a leader in our home.  He sets the example and the standards.  We gladly follow him.  In our marriage, we partner on many things.  Jason even lets me have my way sometimes.  However, ultimately, he is in charge.  I love him, and the girls obviously love their daddy!

Rodeo with Daddy.  
Helping Daddy at work. 
Hunting with Daddy. 





No comments: