Saturday, January 5, 2019

Fashion Friday

The right pair of shoes can change a girl's life.  At least that is what the story line of Cinderella teaches us.

Finding my perfect pair, or style, took me a while, but after finally moving to the country, I discovered cowboy boots.  To be honest, I have been wearing cowboy boots for 20 years even as a previous city slicker.  However, boots were not a consistent or essential part of life the way they have become in the past few years.

I am actually thankful that heels and other cute shoes don't work as well for me now because wearing them was usually painful and inconvenient.  I've seen the toll that the wrong kind of shoes can have on a person's feet.  When I was in the fourth grade, my mom had bunion surgery on both of her feet after years of wearing cute heels.  I watched my sister-in-law recover after the same surgery.  If there is anyway to avoid that situation and keep happy feet, I think I'll take that option.

My boots are comfortable enough that I can wear them all day.  They are also smarter shoes in almost every situation.

Fashion Friday - Be kind to your feet!


No comments: