Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Teacher Tuesday: Acronyms in Education

As we move into a new semester, every teacher needs to be aware of new acronyms for expressing your situation in the classroom.  Success in education depends knowledge and mastery of all the acronyms.  

First, STUFF is increasingly important to master.  Technology is playing a bigger role in the way that we communicate with each other and do business.  Teachers must teach STUFF.  




Each afternoon, I love to ask my personal children what they did at school.  I get worried when they tell me that they didn't do crap.  This is not a polite word, but it is now a recognized educational acronym.  I want my kids to do CRAP because they need practice.  


Finally, are you a DRIP teacher?  Sometimes you need to change up your strategies.  Unless they are working.  If your practices are working, keep going strong!  If you continue to be frustrated like a dripping faucet, switch up your activities.  



No comments: